Here you will find all the information about our upcoming training courses, announcements and events... Don't forget to check out our community projects page as well!
To see our past events and projects, click here
Check out our what's on Guide's for NOVEMBER & DECEMBER....
The Wellbeing Forum Meets Monthly with us at at Hensingham. Find them on Facebook, or contact us for their next meeting.
Suicide Alertness Training
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Training Jan 2020.
Places available £175 per person.
TO BOOK, Email;
Accredited BSL 1 Sign Language Classes - May 2019 to January 2020- 30 weeks (exc. school holidays)
We are now working with Cumbria Deaf Association to bring you Accredited BSL1 Sign Classes at a reduced rate thanks to grant funding.... FULLY BOOKED
Classes start Thurs 2nd May (7-9pm) for 30 weeks (excluding school holidays)
With grant funding this course is £100 per person - Don't forget to check the community projects page for info on our FREE family sign days as well
Unfortunately; with all the volunteers busy on other projects and provisions the Whitehaven Carnival is taking longer to plan that originally thought...
Thankfully; with the help and support of the Police Events Management Committee, The Wellbeing Forum, our volunteers, The Solway Hall and members of the community, we hope to create fundraising and community events to keep momentum, build community spirit and raise the much-needed funds to create a new carnival for 2020.
So far, plans for the return of the Carnival include;
· Closing part of Lowther Street (from the traffic lights to Burtons corner) for fair rides and stalls (This alone, will cost upwards of £2,000).
· Castle Park; family activities and entertainment throughout the day including inflatables, face painting, performances by dance troupes, stalls, food and drinks, free self-defence tasters and an opportunity for local artists to show case their musical talents on the bandstand. Additional possibilities include Dodgems, Mokey Fit taster session and the presentation/announcement of the winners for each prize category.
· The Solway Hall, Whitehaven for family friendly day-time entertainment/activities and evening entertainment.
And the important bit;
· The parade route will change slightly to account for the closure of Lowther Street but will be announced in due course… this is your chance to enter a float or join us in fancy dress to enter the parade and be in with your chance to win the fancy-dress competition.
· The parade will stop at various points for a 2-minute performance by dance troupes or those simply wishing to enter the performance category. Floats will be judged on their own merit as an entry, as well as additional categories for costumes/make up/ performance.
So, the difficult questions…
Can YOU help?
Can you spare some time to volunteer for the carnival committee?
Help with planning or paperwork?
Could you help with Advertising or Publicity?
Would you like to help us fundraise or do you have an event that you’d like to donate from?
Can you offer support from your business?
Perhaps you can offer your time by helping plan categories and awards or on the day to help with set-up, road closures, crowd control or clean up?
Our aim is to make the carnival an all-inclusive family event, we’d love to see communities, neighbours and families coming together to enjoy the day with charity stalls, activities and floats- Let’s bring laughter and community spirit to the streets; making memories, right on your doorstep.