Here you will find all the information about our upcoming training courses, announcements and events... Don't forget to check out our community projects page as well!
To see our past events and projects, click here
Check out our what's on Guide's for JANUARY 2020.....
The Wellbeing Forum meets monthly with us at Hensingham. Keep an eye out for dates on the "Whats on Guide" or Find them on Facebook for more info...
Struggling to cope?
There IS HELP OUT THERE.
We've been working with Suicide Safer Communities to bring you crisis numbers, just in case you need them, or they help someone you know
The Tinnitus Support meets monthly for all those suffering from Tinnitus. Join us at Hensingham 10.30am-12.00 on the 3rd Tuesday of each month
Join us for a brew Monday 2oth January 10am-1pm in aid of the Samaritans
for tea, coffee and cakes.
Our mental Health Drop-in session has a NEW TIME AND VENUE!
Join us every Friday at Hensingham starting January 24th 11am-2pm for tea, coffee and cakes.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Training Jan 2020.
Places available £175 per person.
TO BOOK, Email;
With thanks to GCS Medical we are now taking bookings for Accredited Paediatric First Aid or Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work February 21st 2020 9am-5pm. £45 per person
We are now taking bookings for our Basic Introduction to sign language class starting Thurs Feb 20th (7-9pm) at Hensingham.
Places are £50 per person for the 6 wk course and £25 deposit required.
With thanks to Together we can fundraising we're organising a fundraising parachute jump or skydive from Durham in April...
If you're interested in joining us, Email;
With thanks to GCS Medical we are now taking bookings for Accredited SAFEGUARDING TRAINING (LEV 3) April 24th 2020
9am-5pm. £60 per person
With thanks to GCS Medical we are now taking bookings for Accredited Paediatric First Aid or Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work May 22nd 2020
9am-5pm. £45 per person
With thanks to GCS Medical we are now taking bookings for Accredited Paediatric First Aid or Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work August 21st 2020
9am-5pm. £45 per person
Unfortunately; with all the volunteers busy on other projects and provisions the Whitehaven Carnival is taking longer to plan that originally thought...
Thankfully; with the help and support of the Police Events Management Committee, The Wellbeing Forum, our volunteers, The Solway Hall and members of the community, we hope to create fundraising and community events to keep momentum, build community spirit and raise the much-needed funds to create a new carnival for 2020.
So far, plans for the return of the Carnival include;
· Closing part of Lowther Street (from the traffic lights to Burtons corner) for fair rides and stalls (This alone, will cost upwards of £2,000).
· Castle Park; family activities and entertainment throughout the day including inflatables, face painting, performances by dance troupes, stalls, food and drinks, free self-defence tasters and an opportunity for local artists to show case their musical talents on the bandstand. Additional possibilities include Dodgems, Mokey Fit taster session and the presentation/announcement of the winners for each prize category.
· The Solway Hall, Whitehaven for family friendly day-time entertainment/activities and evening entertainment.
And the important bit;
· The parade route will change slightly to account for the closure of Lowther Street but will be announced in due course… this is your chance to enter a float or join us in fancy dress to enter the parade and be in with your chance to win the fancy-dress competition.
· The parade will stop at various points for a 2-minute performance by dance troupes or those simply wishing to enter the performance category. Floats will be judged on their own merit as an entry, as well as additional categories for costumes/make up/ performance.
So, the difficult questions…
Can YOU help?
Can you spare some time to volunteer for the carnival committee?
Help with planning or paperwork?
Could you help with Advertising or Publicity?
Would you like to help us fundraise or do you have an event that you’d like to donate from?
Can you offer support from your business?
Perhaps you can offer your time by helping plan categories and awards or on the day to help with set-up, road closures, crowd control or clean up?
Our aim is to make the carnival an all-inclusive family event, we’d love to see communities, neighbours and families coming together to enjoy the day with charity stalls, activities and floats- Let’s bring laughter and community spirit to the streets; making memories, right on your doorstep.